home tutorials features parties custom orders

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sewing Summit Highlights - Part 4


OK. This is the next to last Sewing Summit post I'll make, but I promise, it's a good one!  If you want to catch up and read the other three I've posted so far, you can click Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

Today, I'm talking about Joel Dewberry!  He was the keynote speaker at the Sewing Summit luncheon on Saturday. For those of you that don't know who Joel Dewberry is, then shame on you!  But seriously, he is a very popular fabric designer who just so happens to be one of my absolute favorites!

Joel Dewberry at Sewing Summit
Photo from Sewing Summit blog
Mr. Dewberry gave an excellent keynote address filled with information everyone wanted to know. He gave us the history of how he became a fabric designer, what inspires him, and how he and his wife work so well together. He was a very engaging speaker and didn't seem to feel uncomfortable one bit being in a huge room of mostly women!

Another exciting thing to see besides Mr. Dewberry himself was a sample of his new collection, Notting Hill.  This collection is simply divine.  One color palette in this collection is orange and pink together which I simply love, so I think I've figured out what fabric I will be buying as soon as it is for sale!

Just before the luncheon ended, I realized that my camera batteries were dead!  Just perfect! So as soon as lunch was officially over, I ran back to my room to grab my spare batteries and pull up pictures of the things I've made using Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection.  I then ran back to banquet hall and was the last guest to speak to Mr. Dewberry before he left!

I was so nervous and excited and was probably talking in super fast mode, but he was so polite and even posed for a picture with me!





If you've ever read any of my old posts, you'll know that I love Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection of fabric.  In fact, those posts are some of my most popular ones.  Here are a few things I've made with the Heirloom line. And you know what, I shamelessly showed Mr. Dewberry (very quickly) these pictures.

Read about my first Sweet Pea Tote here
Another Sweet Pea Tote--I call this the Big One!  Read about it here.


Again, a Sweet Pea Tote!  Here's the post.  
A cute romper I made for Ella.
Cute Little Wallet that I gave away in a contest.
Coin Pouch Post

Patchwork Purse post.

The Madalyn Skirt and Matching Doll Skirt and Bag post here.


See?  I was serious when I said that Joel Dewberry's Heirloom collection was my favorite!  And I'm sure there will be lots more made using it in the future since I have a stash of it in every colorway.  

Check back tomorrow for my final post on the Sewing Summit.  It's all about Swag!

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!