home tutorials features parties custom orders

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Prairie Rose Blouse

The lovely and talented Anneliese of the blog Aesthetic Nest and Wee Muses Sewing Patterns recently asked me if I wanted to try out her new pattern, The Prairie Rose.  I've followed and admired her blog for as long as I can remember, so I definitely said yes!


The Prairie Rose pdf pattern is actually a set of patterns for an entire outfit or multiple outfits! While I only sewed up a top, the pattern includes a dress, blouse, maxi skirt, and pants for sizes 18 months to 8 years.  You'll be sure to use this one pattern over and over again for years!

The blouse I made for Ella was such a quick sew.  I think it took me only a couple of hours including cutting out the fabric.  And Anneliese's pattern instructions and photographs were clear and helpful guidance in putting the blouse together.


For Ella, I decided to sew a size 5 top, and we are both pleased with the fit!  She helped me search our fabric stash for something she liked, and this pink with daisy flowers was the winner.  As soon as I finished the top, she put it on and wore it all day!  Boy, that sure does make me feel good.


If you are in search of an awesome peasant style dress or blouse, then be sure to check out The Prairie Rose pdf pattern by Wee Muses!


I'll leave you with a funny shot of Ella tasting her honey bee shaped lollipop and then deciding she didn't like it!


Have fun sewing!

6 comments:

  1. This blouse is so adorable on Ella! Thank you so much for reviewing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric! She looks so cute in this top. Wishing for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute! Did you use a knit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great style for Ella!!! I also just adore that fabric choice! Good Job Kiddo! Veronica, I know you are an advanced seamstress but was this an easy sew? Easy enough for someone just beginning to sew? I have a friend in S Carolina looking for this exact type of pattern & I know she can do this but will need to convince HER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she just looks gorgeous, and i love that fabric too! well done!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!