home tutorials features parties custom orders

Thursday, July 10, 2014

sewVery Sunny Dress & Top Pattern Call for Testers

First of all, thank you to everyone who has downloaded my FREE sewVery Sunny Dress Pattern! To me, it's been a huge success, and I sincerely hope that everyone who has downloaded it has enjoyed creating a fun, playful dress or two!


I've been working on expanding the sizes offered and including a couple of options for the design, but since it's summer, and I am a mom of two, my time to make these additions has been limited. Also, since this is my very first pattern-for-sale, I'm having to learn quite a few new business related things along the way.  I appreciate your patience!

Before we get to the pattern tester application, I want to share with you a few more pictures of what you will be able to make with the sewVery Sunny Dress & Top Pattern that I hope to have ready for sale later this month.

The sewVery Sunny Pattern is a classic A-line style sundress or top that can be made with or without a neck ruffle.  The pattern includes a fitted bodice, elasticized back for comfort, and halter ties that connect to the dress back through loops. This pattern is a simple and carefree dress to sew that is great for a beginner.

I've graded the pattern to include sizes 2T to 12 in both dress and top lengths. Also included will be instructions to create a version with the neck ruffle (Option A) or without the neck ruffle (Option B).  Plus I'll show you an alternate way to tie the straps!

Size Chart: Choose the size that best matches your child's actual size.

Size     Chest (inches)     Height (inches)
 2T                20.5                      35.0
 3T                21.0                      38.0
 4T                22.0                      41.0
 5                   23.0                     44.0
 6                   24.5                     47.0
 7                   26.0                     50.5 
 8                   27.0                     52.5
 10                 28.5                     55.0
 12                 30.0                     58.0




Pictures for the Option B Dress are still in the works!  I just couldn't wait to share these variations with you and start receiving applications for testers any longer!

The sewVery Sunny dresses and tops I've made my daughter have truly been some of her favorite garments all summer.  Can't you tell from the photos above?  They are comfortable and cool for your child to wear and sewVery simple for mom to sew!

If you are interested in testing the full version of the sewVery Sunny Dress & Top Pattern, please fill out the sewVery Pattern Tester Application (link is below).  I'll be accepting applications through Monday, July 14th.  After I review all applications, those selected will be notified by email and asked to join a special sewVery Pattern Tester group on Facebook.

I anticipate sending out the pattern to testers by July 17th and will require all testing, photographs, and a tester questionnaire to be completed and returned to me by no later than July 24th.

If you cannot meet this specific deadline, then please do not apply at this time.  I hope to have other patterns in need of testing in the future but will post new tester applications at that time.

Testing is Closed!


Thanks again for your support!  I can't wait to send the pattern out to testers and start seeing all their wonderful sewVery Sunny Dresses and Tops!

Stay tuned for more info on the pattern including it's upcoming release for sale!

UPDATE
The sewVery Sunny Dress & Top Pattern in sizes 2T-12 is now available for purchase in the sewVery Pattern Shop!


Until then, have fun sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your first pattern! I can't wait to see what everyone creates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So glad to see the adorable open backs of the season with ample modesty coverage for the front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool to make a dress by yourself. I love the A-line style sundress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely dress!
    All versions are so cute - and perfect for summertime! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely just tried to sign-up but was tooooooo late watching for release tho

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!