home tutorials features parties custom orders

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Princess Audrey Dress

I just adore the Audrey Cross Over Party Dress Pattern from Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop!  You may remember the first one I made earlier in the summer.  It had such a vintage feel to it because of the fabrics and the trim I used, and it reminds me of my childhood!  Oh, those were the days...

Well, I decided to make Ella a second Audrey Dress, but this time, I chose bright, modern prints to make it seem more playful and casual.  What I came up with I dubbed the Princess Audrey Dress!


Don't you just love a pattern that is great for both dressy and casual styling?  I do!

I am an affiliate for Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop, but all opinions in this post are 100% my own.

This time, I made the bodice of the dress using a size 6 and the skirt using size 5.  I was much happier with the fit as a result.  While both dresses fit well and are comfortable to Ella, the second dress is a little looser making it easier for her to dress herself.


Besides mixing sizes, the only other thing I did differently on this dress was to make the back opening more of a keyhole cutout with a tie closure.


I can't claim this as my own idea sadly, but it did come from another great Peek-a-Boo Shop Pattern that I use often--the Evelyn Dress and Swing Top Pattern.

Let's talk about the fabrics.  I just love these fabrics!  They make me want to smile every time I see them!  All the different prints are from Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman.  Kelle designs the most fun, colorful collections that are great for apparel, home decor, or accessories.  I even made Ella a matching backsak to go with the dress (there's a glimpse of it in the pic below)!  Want to know more about the backsak? Read about it HERE.


The skirt is Girl Friends in Jewel while the bodice, sash, and binding are both Ovals in Pink and Ovals in Summer  from her Remix collection.  I've had the best time sewing with these fabrics and others that Kelle herself sent me to try out!



This version of the Audrey Cross Over Party Dress turned out exactly how I envisioned it!  And the best part--Ella loves it and has worn it so many times that I've lost count!




Apparently, just wearing this dress can make you want to act silly!



Today is Thrifty Thursday at Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop, and that means one special pattern is on sale for today only for just $4!  This week's sale pattern is the Hangout Hoodie!  I've had it for a while now and need to make up a couple for Ella for the fall.  Guess I better go and get sewing!


Thanks for stopping by to see my Princess Audrey Dress.  Hope you'll come back again soon or maybe hop over to my post from yesterday to enter a giveaway to win a free Craftsy class!

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. I love the bright, fun colors of this dress! And the back looks wonderful!
    -Julia @freshoffthebolt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric choices -- adorable and fun! I picked up a Hangout Hoodie today and saw that Amy is planning a sew-along next week! Perfect for getting a jump on fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this fabric and your little girl is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica, this is so cute! She looks like she LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that turned out great I just love the princess fabric

    ReplyDelete
  6. What little girl wouldn't flip over a princess dress. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!