home tutorials features parties custom orders

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Go To Leggings

Day 4 of Pants Week brings us to a great staple piece for every little girl's wardrobe--leggings!  For this pair, I used the Go To Leggings Pattern.


I needed a simple pair of leggings to go with one of the latest tops I've made Ella.  I can't share the top with you quite yet because it's to be revealed during a pattern tour in a couple of weeks.

To keep things simple, I made a basic pair of capri length leggings with a normal hem.  The pattern is one piece, so there are no side seams to sew!  Sweet!  I think I finished this pair is about a half hour.

For the fabric, I used a half yard remnant of a 95% rayon 5% spandex knit.  First words out of Ella's mouth when she tried them on were, "these are so soft, Moma!".  They are so silky and smooth feeling, and the spandex helps give them enough stretch to stay fitted all over while my active little girl plays.


So if you are looking for that perfect leggings pattern, then I suggest trying the Go To Leggings Pattern.  I haven't gotten brave enough to try out bias binding on knit, but when I do, I'm going to make Ella a pair of Go To Leggings with that keyhole opening in the back.  Those are just too cute for words!  Plus there are numerous other options to make from this one pattern:  capris, skort, skirt, ruched, side pocket to name a few.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Come back tomorrow for my fifth and final day of Pants Week.  I've got a great pair to share with you along with another favorite, my second Bimaa Sweater!.

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!