home tutorials features parties custom orders

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Emmaline's Steph in the City Bag


Last month during Purse Palooza, I purchased two new purse patterns from Janelle over at Emmaline's Bags:   the Teardrop Bag pattern and the Steph in the City Bag pattern.   You see, I had won her other bag pattern, the Emmaline Bag, in a contest a few months back and just loved the pattern and the finished bag I made using it.  I knew I had to buy her other patterns, so when she released her latest, the Steph in the City Bag, I jumped on the chance to purchase them.


Since the last purse I made was very bold, I decided to tone down my fabric choice this time and make (at least) the exterior in a solid color.  I had also never sewn with duck cloth before, and I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to give it a try.  To my surprise, the duck cloth was fairly easy to work with and in the end made for a lovely purse.



For the interior, I used a fabric from the Hugs & Kisses collection by Henry Glass Fabrics.



To add a little color to the exterior, I added this vintage piece of trim to the belt.   I think it was the perfect addition to the bag!



As in the previous review that I did of Janelle's Emmaline Bag, I have no complaints about her latest pattern for the Steph in the City Bag.  Every step of the construction is described in great detail and accompanied with multiple color photos.  Again, she's made one of the best patterns I've ever seen!

With each new bag I make, my confidence in bag making grows.  This time I wasn't nervous at all about installing a zipper pocket or top stitching around the top through all that fabric thickness.  I tackled this project like I knew exactly what I was doing and finished it all in one afternoon!



I highly recommend you try Janelle's patterns (I was not paid to say this--it's my own opinion), and I look forward to making my third one, the Teardrop Bag very soon.  If you are an experienced sewer, or even an advanced beginner, then you will not have a bit of trouble making any of her bags.  Trust me!

Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat bag. Your fabric choices were perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica!! I totally missed this post. I can't believe I just saw this now. Wow! I am just thrilled over your pattern review. I'm so happy you loved the pattern and found it easy to follow. It makes this so very, very fun to do and I can't wait to get started on another. I love, LOVE you bag and what you've done with the belt. Your lining is so cheerful happy, I just love it. As per usual, your sewing is impeccable!!! Thank you so much!! Janelle

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!