home tutorials features parties custom orders

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Clothes Sizing and Care Labels + Offer


As you all know, I love to make cute clothes for my daughter.  In fact, I'd say that 75% percent of her summer wardrobe are items that I have sewn for her. But with so many pieces now in her closet, I'm finding it difficult to remember the size of each one.  The solution--start sewing sizing labels into the clothes I make.

So last week, I searched Etsy for sizing and care labels, looking for a shop that had the style of label I wanted and offered them in small quantities for a fair price.  It took me longer to find a shop that met those criteria than I thought it would, but eventually I came across Forever Threads.

I chose a variety pack of 100 labels and was able to choose up to 10 different labels with a minimum quantity of 10 per label type, all for under $8 including shipping!  How awesome is that?!


You can choose from approximately 25 types of care labels and over 100 size labels!

ForeverThreads Labels
Photo of labels offered by Forever Threads
These labels are woven labels with finished edges and have the lettering woven into the label. They are super soft, too--another plus if you plan on using these in children's clothing.


When I placed my Etsy order, I sent the owner, Rita, a little message asking her a couple of questions about her shop. She messaged me right back, and we began a nice little chat for a few minutes about our blogs and the types of clothes we make.  Then the next day, Rita sent me a message saying she wanted to mention sewVery on her blog, and she also offered up a super discount to her shop for any of my sewVery readers!

Here's her offer:

Order labels from her shop, Forever Threads, during the month of August, and she'll double the labels in your order! All you have to do is mention sewVery in the comment box along with the quantity and label type you want to order.

How sweet a deal is that?! I think I may have to order more myself.



And while your in her shop, check out the other great items that Forever Threads offers. They specialize in items for making heirloom quality children's clothing, including lace, trim, buttons, and fabric.

I'm so glad I came across Rita's Etsy shop, Forever Threads.  I hope you'll take a look, too!


5 comments:

  1. wow! those are really great :) thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! Good idea... I haven't made so many items yet that I forget, but I know this will come in handy! I still haven't made a decision on the other labels! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! It's such a small world!!! I've talked with her too since I live 15 minutes down the road! Such a generous offer - I might have to take her up on the SewVery special! Thanks!!! I usually mark on my label tag with a permanent fabric marker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The woven labels are paramount for conferring identity to the clothes. You can also convery useful info to the customers with the aid of these labels.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!