Add a splash of color and a dash of fun to your outfit with these Super Simple Tie Headbands! Since they tie in a bow on top of the head, this style headband is easily adjusted and fits most children and adults.
The Super Simple Tie Headband makes a perfect party favor gift for girls, great stocking stuffers, and an ideal item to sell at craft fairs. A half yard of Ann Kelle's Remix knit fabric can make up to 9 headbands! Now that's a great deal.
Keep reading to get the Super Simple Tie Headband Pattern and Tutorial and start sewing your own headbands today!
- Download the Super Simple Tie Headband Pattern from Craftsy (affiliate link)
- Cut 2 each 2" x 28" Ann Kelle Remix Knit Prints with 95% cotton/5% Lycra
- Sewing machine
- Pinking shears
- Wooden chopstick for turning
- Rotary cutter and mat
1. After downloading the pattern, cut out the Super Simple Tie Headband pattern piece.
2. Cut 2 pieces of knit fabric each 2" wide x 28" long. For best results, use a cotton knit fabric with some lycra for added stretch. I prefer to use Laguna knit fabrics which are 95% cotton and 5% lycra.
3. Place these two strips of fabric right sides together and use the pattern piece to round each end of the tie headband. Pin the strips of fabric together.
4. Beginning near the center of the headband length on one side, begin sewing the two pieces of knit fabric together using a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave a 1" to 2" opening for turning the headband right side out.
5. Use pinking shears to trim the seam allowance on the rounded ends.
Close up of steps 4 and 5.
6. Turn the headband right side out through the opening. Use a wooden chopstick to help push the fabric out and smooth out the curve on the ends.
7. Use an iron to press the headband flat being sure to press the raw edges of the fabric at the opening toward the inside.
8. Sew the opening closed.
Place the headband under your hair at the base of your neck and bring the two ends to the top of you head. Tie them in a knot and enjoy!
Have FUN sewing!