home tutorials features parties custom orders

Monday, January 13, 2014

Snowflakes & Lace Series Day 1 - Sew Like My Mom

To kick off the Snowflakes & Lace Series co-hosted by Sewing Mama RaeAnna and sewVery, I'd like to introduce you to Melissa from Sew Like My Mom. 


Sew Like My Mom

Melissa's a good ol' Southern girl like myself.  She has four children, which you might think would keep her too busy to do much sewing or blogging, but not Melissa!  She's been blogging since 2010 and has created an amazing collection of free tutorials for all sorts of children's and women's clothing, recipes, sewing techniques, and even a category of "fun stuff" projects!

Plus, she has ventured into pattern designing and recently released three children's clothing pdf patterns for sale in her Etsy shop:  the Darling Daisy Dress, the Busy Lizzy Dress & Shirt, and the Kudzu Coverall & Dress patterns.  I've tried out the first two patterns and can honestly say they are outstanding!  I just finished the Busy Lizzy dress for Ella--you may have seen a sneak peek of it on my Facebook page.  I love, love, love it!  Keep your eye out for it on the blog later this month.  

Melissa has put together a terrific project for our Snowflakes & Lace Series--a unique, crochet-racer back dress!  I've never seen anything quite like it.  To read her entire post on what inspired her to make this and how she did it, head over to her blog, Sew Like My Mom.


Be sure to link up your projects in our link party and enter our giveaway below to win one of three prize packs HERE!

Oh, and don't forget to visit Sewing Mama RaeAnna, too, for her introduction of another series' contributor.

I'll see you back here tomorrow morning for Day 2 of the Snowflakes & Lace Series.

Have fun sewing!

3 comments:

  1. I just LOOOOOVE the look of this dress Melissa! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun summery take on lace! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me, Veronica! Such a fun series and I can't wait to see the other projects!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!