home tutorials features parties custom orders

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Cottage Mama's Vintage Ruffle Pants Pattern

Several days ago, I promised to share with you more about the pants Ella is wearing with her Sewing Mama RaeAnna Bumblebee Top.  I've been sick with an awful cold and have fallen behind in my blogging! Please forgive me!

These wonderful, unique, great fitting pants were made using the Vintage Ruffle Capris pattern found in the new Cottage Mama book, Sew Classic Clothes for Girls.


When my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday last month, Lindsay's book was at the top of my list.  I've known Lindsay for a while but finally met her in person a few months ago when she was teaching a class at the Martha Pullen School of Art Fashion.  I didn't take her class, but I did get a firsthand tour of her classroom which was full of her beautiful, one-of-a-kind creations including the garments used in her new book.  Seeing these pieces in person and then having to wait weeks for the book to be available for purchase was pure torture!  There are so many things in this book that I want to make, and I was super eager to get started.

The book finally arrived at the end of October, and I wasted no time reading it from cover to cover in one sitting.  I literally read every word and learned some valuable new sewing tips along the way. The first pattern that I just had to make were the Vintage Ruffle Capris lengthened roughly 4" to make my daughter a pair of Vintage Ruffle Pants!

The details of this design transform an otherwise simple pair of excellent fitting pants into something special.  These pants aren't baggy or skinny, but they are just right!  And the ruffle detail at the bottom is so sweet!


Now on to the unique front pockets.  I've never seen a design like this.  The scalloped edge paired with the contrasting fabrics make this design stand out among others.


And that rear ruffled pocket with that same little scalloped edge!  Love it!  I'm normally not a big fan of lots of ruffles, but these Vintage Ruffle Pants paired with the Bumblebee Top just make me smile.



Now to get busy deciding what I'll make next from the Cottage Mama's book Sew Classic Clothes for Girls--maybe a coat or the Ruffle Sleeve A-Line Dress. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks for stopping by today, and have fun sewing!

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to lengthen these capris! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thank you so much, Veronica!! I totally missed this post, but I love those two pieces together. That back little pocket just tickles me......so sweet!! Thanks again for sharing this lovely creation!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!